A candidate surveyor is a person who is enrolled as a candidate surveyor under the Surveying and Spatial Information Regulation 2017.
A person is entitled to be enrolled as a candidate surveyor if the person is:
- enrolled in a course of studies leading towards a recognised qualification, or;
- the holder of a recognised qualification.
A person wishing to enrol as a candidate surveyor will need to complete the following process:
- submit the online Candidate Surveyor Application with payment of candidate surveyor enrolment fee, attaching the requested supporting documentation
- upon receipt of application and prescribed fee, the application will be processed and included in the agenda for the following Board meeting for approval
- a letter of acknowledgment and receipt of payment will be forwarded to the applicant
- notification of the Board’s decision will be forwarded by email to the candidate surveyor
- enrolment is payable at the beginning of each financial year.
Candidate surveyor applications must meet the following conditions:
- All material provided as attachments must be certified prior to submission. Uncertified documents will not be accepted.
- If documents are from overseas, they must be translated to English prior to submission. Untranslated documents will not be accepted.
- The Federal Department of Home Affairs' (Department of Immigration) assessment does not qualify for the purposes of these applications. Rather, you need a BOSSI specific Overseas Assessment. For further information, contact BOSSI.